Psychiatrist Program Director – Growing Behavioral Health Program – Charm of New England
Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) is an extraordinary community healthcare system anchored by two highly respected acute-care (Manchester Memorial and Rockville General) hospitals is currently inviting practicing psychiatrists to apply for an outstanding Residency Program Director opportunity located in the heart of central Connecticut. You will provide quality leadership to psychiatry residents within the guidelines of regulatory standards in both a clinical and administrative capacity. You will enjoy a work life balance with a Monday through Friday work week schedule. The program director will be responsible for the overall program operation and educational oversight of the program’s residents through knowledge of the policies and practices of the ACGME’s within RRC’s Program Requirements.
- Direct, plan, and lead implementation of psychiatry residency program
- Oversee and ensure an annual review of resident policies and practices to ensure complete compliance with current ACGME standards but not limited to
- Build progressive relationships and inspire residents
- Administer and maintain educational environment in compliance with ACGME accreditation standards
- Completion of required documentation
- Assist in teaching residents in mental health
- Develop personal education achievement plans
- Ensure completion of program surveys
- Highly competitive salary, sign on bonus, and relocation
- Robust benefits options including 401k, dental, vision and life insurance
- Exceptional paid time off and sick time
- Generous comprehensive CME allowance (financial value and time)
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Expert clinical operations and provider centric executive/administrative staff support
- Seamless onboarding program with free easy access onsite parking
- Options for a variety of housing options with excellent public, private schools, including magnet, technical, and others
- Current certification in the American Board of Psychiatry prefer experience in residency program operations
- Connecticut licensed and Federal DEA controlled CT substance licensed (or soon eligible)
ECHN is an extraordinary community healthcare system comprised of two highly respected acute-care hospitals (Manchester Memorial and Rockville General) with approximately 500 physicians and advanced practitioners. This community hospital is anchored by multi-primary care outpatient practices, outstanding physician specialist, features leading in and outpatient technology, on-site x-ray and laboratory services, and a state-of-the-art cancer center. Top talent experienced faculty physicians support ECHN’s prominent family medicine residency program. ECHN has the latest in robotic surgical systems, including the new MAKO robotic assisted knee/hip replacement system and the Xi da Vinci robot, the Women’s Center for Wellness named one of best Mammogram Imaging Centers by The Women’s Choice Award, including a new Canon Vantage Orian Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine. ECHN expanding partnership with Jefferson Radiology provides new and expanded comprehensive diagnostic/radiology services along with many other highly regarded programs.
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE AND WORK
Eastern Connecticut boasts the natural beauty of scenic New England landscapes, picturesque rivers, peaceful walking, and biking trails with breathtaking views. The area is surrounded by quaint towns with exemplary high-performance schools, some of which are best recognized as National Blue Ribbon Awarded. If you enjoy the city, nearby Hartford and New Haven provide theater, music, cultural arts, and fine dining. Moreover, the region’s ideal location is within driving distance of Boston, New York City, Rhode Island, and the nearby beautiful ocean shores of Connecticut. The enchanting mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are popular for skiing in the winter and watching the vibrant foliage in the fall. Please feel free to email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Michelina Rinaldi at 860 647-6430 for added job details.