Full-Time Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
The Crozer Health Medical Group (CHMG) has an exciting opportunity for an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to join an established Trauma Surgery team.
- Hospital services are provided at Crozer Chester Medical Center in Upland, PA.
- Provides advanced practice care to trauma patients in collaboration with the attending surgeon, directing the clinical management of selected patients
- Practices with a high level of autonomy and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of complex responses of patients and families to illness.
- Current licensure to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 3 years applicable clinical experience; Emergency Department or Critical Care experience is preferred.
- Candidates should possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills and be able to multitask and work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff and other health care professionals.
- Must demonstrate understanding and stratification of clinical risk.
- Ability to assess basic concerns from patients, plan and implement appropriate and immediate nursing advice and ensure timely relay of messages to MD for issues that are more complex.
- Knowledge of and able to work with electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds appropriately and timely to trauma activations/alerts.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluated diagnostic tests, including laboratory tests and radiographic studies to identify and assess a patient’s clinical problems and health needs
- Appropriately prioritizes care for patients.
- Serves as a liaison to enhance communication and to coordinate care among multiple consulting clinical disciplines and the patient and their family.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the discharge process to ensure a safe discharge and/or continuity of care.
If interested, please send your CV to Nora Yosry, Physician Recruiter, at Nora.Yosry@crozer.org or by calling or texting (732) 691-5818.